By submitting Your Content, you grant us the non-exclusive right to use your content royalty-free, in perpetuity. Your Content may be published on Town of Carrot River owned or controlled platforms, and may even be included in promotions. The Town of Carrot River cannot guarantee that Your Content will be published. We may also edit Your Content for length, size or clarity. Your Content may be indexed by Internet search engines. The Town of Carrot River has no obligation to remove Your Content from its platforms even if you make a request. You should think carefully about your intent and the consequence of publication of any of Your Content.
When you share Your Content with us:
- Keep Your Content relevant and avoid repetitive posting.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- Feel free to link internally within the carrotriver.ca site as many times as you would like. The Town of Carrot River does not endorse the content of external web sites and has no liability as to their content in any event. The Town of Carrot River reserves its right to take-down any external link.
- Use English or French (Canada's national languages) for all of your exchanges and comment. Other languages cannot be used.
- We want to hear your own opinion. Your Content must be created and owned by you. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution). If the majority of Your Content was written or created by someone else, even with a proper credit, it won't be accepted.
- Any of Your Content that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following kind of Your Content is also prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Attempts to mobilise people for any purpose outside of a Town of Carrot River event.
- Respect other people's privacy by not including personal information in Your Content (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- Be sensitive in 'Your Content' regarding the death or injury of private individual, especially children.
- Any words or your full message in bold, underlined, italics or all CAPS will not be allowed (this makes it difficult to read and in online speak is considered yelling unless it is an acronym in which case using CAPS is permitted).